Human Rabies Clinic
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY & COMPLETELY
Hello everyone and thank you for your patience. We are happy to be able to offer this vaccine clinic for our community. I just want to ensure you that my notes below are not meant to be curt. The fact is, because of the great expense of this vaccine we do not have any movement or room for errors.
So here are the facts and particulars:
PAYMENT YIELDS COMMITMENT! PAYMENT IS DUE BY March 1, 2020.
Send in Consent form and Screening Form WITH PAYMENT!
The cost of the series will be $385.00. A booster will cost $130.00. PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BY March 1, 2020. Once the vial is open we only have a few hours to give the vaccine. Unfortunately, there is zero wiggle room. If you can not make it for ANY reason your money CAN NOT be refunded. Everyone’s cost depends on everyone’s participation. Please do not ask, it is just not an option once the vaccine has been purchased.
The clinics will be held on March 7th, 14th and 28th.
1) The clinics will be from 3 pm – 5 pm on each of those Saturdays (we may add time if we have a lot of folks sign up.) To control costs they will be held at Deb Glottmann’s home 210 Center Road Montpelier, VT. Directions are attached below. Booster dates will be assigned as we get closer. I must have minimally 5 people per vial.
2) Ideally, we would like to spread people out, so if possible people with their last names starting from A-M try to come from 3:00-4. Last names N-Z come from 4-5. If this timing does not work for you we understand but please be patient because we will potentially have 50 + people to vaccinate in 2-3 hours.
3) This cost will NOT include the titer that you should run in the fall. The titer will cost around $85-$100.00 (That includes blood draw, materials, titer and overnight shipping.)
4) Your payment must be as a money order or a check. Please make the check payable to the VVTA. Please write the name of the person getting the vaccine in the memo if the check is not being written by the person being vaccinated. Note that payment for this clinic cannot be done online.
The deadline for payment is March 1, 2020. If you do not pay by end of business day we will assume that you are not going to be vaccinated.
Please Mail your Check to: (Because of costs, no credit cards will be accepted.)
210 Center Road Montpelier, VT 05602
We are happy to organize this for the veterinary/rescue community but we do need everyone’s cooperation to be able to afford the expense of this clinic.
For anyone just getting a booster– I have attached an informational handout from KSU regarding titering and the need for boosting. The rabies vaccine is an exceptional one and very few people need to be boosted so please read the attached and make sure that your titer was truly that low. Remember we offer titering yearly so you can recheck your titer often if you do not want to booster yourself.
THINGS TO MAIL IN WITH PAYMENT (Click on Form names/links to View and Print out):
- Consent Form
- Screening Form (Anything pertaining to vaccination day can be assessed on vaccination day.)
- CHECK OR MONEY ORDER
- You can print out a PDF OF THIS PAGE for your records.
- CDC Rabies info page – (for your information only.)
Thank you and please forward any questions to me ASAP so we can get you squared away.
Deb Glottmann, CVT VVTA President
Directions to Deb Glottmann’s Home
Get off at exit 8 off of 89.
Coming off the ramp follow to the RIGHT and go straight through three lights.
At the fourth light (You are 2.3 miles away from Deb’s) – Make a LEFT onto Main Street. You will see a sign that says Business district make left. There will be a Mobil station on your right at this intersection.
Go straight through downtown Montpelier. You will pass Shaw’s grocery store on the left, the fire station on the right, the Skinny Pancake on the right– keep going STRAIGHT.
Follow the Signs to Morse Sugar Farm…
You will hit a rotary– bare your FIRST RIGHT off the rotary– this is still Main Street but turns into County Road. You will see an elementary school on your left; you will go up hill and around a sharp curve and the old New England Culinary Institute will be on the left — just keep going. You will go STRAIGHT on this road for about 1.5 miles.
After about 1.5 miles you will see a cemetery on the right and then a big horse pasture on right. After the pasture — Center Road bears to the right. BEAR RIGHT onto Center Road and I am the 5th house on the right, # 210.Yellow house with Green shudders/green metal roof, flowered mailbox, horse paddock on either side of the driveway.
If you see Morse Sugar Farm on the right you have missed Center Road.