PLEASE READ CAREFULLY & COMPLETELY
Hello everyone and thank you for your patience. We are happy to be able to offer this vaccine clinic for our community. I just want to ensure you that my notes below are not meant to be curt. The fact is, because of the great expense of this vaccine we do not have any movement or room for errors.
So here are the facts and particulars:
PAYMENT YIELDS COMMITMENT! PAYMENT IS DUE BY February 19, 2024.
Send in Consent form and Screening Form WITH PAYMENT!
- The cost of the series will be $515.00. A booster will cost $170.00. Boosters will be getting two injection sites to increase immune response. PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BY February 19, 2024. Once the vial is open we only have a few hours to give the vaccine. Unfortunately, there is zero wiggle room. If you cannot make it for ANY reason your money CAN NOT be refunded. Everyone’s cost depends on everyone’s participation. Please do not ask, it is just not an option once the vaccine has been purchased.
- The clinics will be held on March 2th, 9th and 23rd, 2024.
- The clinics will be from 2 pm – 4 pm on each of those Saturdays (we may add time if we have a lot of folks sign up.) To control costs they will be held at Deb Glottmann’s home 210 Center Road Montpelier, VT. Directions are attached below. Booster dates will be assigned as we get closer. I must have minimally 5 people per vial.
- COVID safety means we MUST spread people out, so if possible people with their last names starting from A-M try to come from 2:00-3:00. Last names N-Z come from 4:00-5:00. If this timing does not work for you we understand but please be patient because we will potentially have 50+ people to vaccinate in 2-3 hours. ONLY one person is allowed in for the vaccine at a time.
- This cost will NOT include the titer that you should run in the fall. The titer will cost around $85-$125.00 (That includes blood draw, materials, titer and overnight shipping.)
- Your payment must be as a money order or a check. Please make the check payable to the VVTA. Please write the name of the person getting the vaccine in the memo if the check is not being written by the person being vaccinated.
The deadline for payment is February 19, 2024.
Please Mail your Check/Money Order to: (Because of costs, no credit cards will be accepted.)
210 Center Road Montpelier, VT 05602
We are happy to organize this for the veterinary/rescue community but we do need everyone’s cooperation to be able to afford the expense of this clinic.
For anyone just getting a booster– I have attached an informational handout from KSU regarding titering and the need for boosting. The rabies vaccine is an exceptional one and few people need to be boosted so please read the attached and make sure that your titer was truly that low. Remember we offer titering yearly so you can recheck your titer often if you do not want to booster yourself.
THINGS TO MAIL IN WITH PAYMENT:
- Consent Form
- Screening Checklist (Anything pertaining to vaccination day can be assessed on vaccination day.)
- CHECK OR MONEY ORDER
Please use the links below for the Consent Form and Screening Checklist. There are also resources from the CDC and WHO for those interested.